Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Unemployed does not equal Free Time

You know, you'd think that since I have no job, that I'd be blogging and commenting and responding like a madman. Obviously it hasn't been so.

It isn't lack of desire - my personal, spritual, corporate and blog life are full of things that I want to blog about, and I want to visit other blogs and comment there, too. However, I have three reasons why I can't - Mrs. Hammer, Corin and Grace. Mrs. Hammer keeps me busy all day long doing home improvement. When She has to go to the store or something, I have to watch the two little ones. Today I tried to respond to some comments and ended up with a serious fit from Corin when I told him "No, you can't smack the keys on Daddy's computer." I even tried to read some pages in my current book, with similar results. His screaming woke up Grace, for a symphony of crying babies. Whee.

How strange - I had more free time when I had a job. For my blogging friends, I apologize for looking like a drive-by commenter on your blogs, and for slow responses here. I'm not sure it will get better any time soon, so please forgive me.

5 Comments:

  • I thought you had three kids... doesn't the oldest one help to entertain the two little ones? I hope this experience teaches you a healthy respect for their mom!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/16/2005 11:55:00 PM  

  • I have three kids. One, the oldest is away for a few weeks.

    Why would I need to be taught a healthy respect for my wife? I already have one - much greater than many men do for their wives (by her measure).

    You may not have meant it that way, but anonymous posters are seldom anonymous because they wish to complement anonymously!

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 6/17/2005 12:37:00 AM  

  • I haven't come up with a good name yet, and I don't like using my own on the computer(a friend had a bad experience). I meant it as a semi-joke. I have read your post on woman in leadership...
    MOST men don't have any idea of what stay at home mom does... some woman don't even have any idea! I am a SAH mom and often feel a lack of respect for the incredible work I do. Thats all. Sorry if I offended.. it wasn't meant to.
    Maybe soon I will come up with a name and won't be Anonymous anymore.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/17/2005 01:33:00 PM  

  • Well, I guess that "Hammertime" isn't much more than anonymous, is it? Thus, I have no quarrel with your status. I think it's a good idea to not use your own name. Essentially, who needs to know except those who already do?

    No offense taken. Stop by and comment anytime. By the way, thanks for being a SAH mom. Your husband and children are blessed by it. That isn't to say that working moms are less - but unless a family would be below the poverty line otherwise, the benefits to home order and consistency are immense, and I heavily advocate SAH mom-ing.

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 6/18/2005 11:13:00 PM  

  • Sounds like the home life is complicated ATM. I'm fortunate in that I'm self-employed and work at home, so I get to spend time with my children *and* to earn some money :-) Hope that things sort themselves out for you soon.

    pax et bonum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/20/2005 05:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home