Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Testimony I

Looking back, I can see God’s hand at work in my life long before I even realized He was there. While I attended youth group and church in junior high, I did not allow the Lord to have control of my life, nor did I have a personal relationship with Him for many years. I believed in God and acknowledged that Jesus died on the cross, but it didn’t make a difference in my life. I did not have the heart change that would have anchored me through my teen years, and my life took a drastic spiral downward because of my bad choices that separated me from the Lord.

At age 15, I became heavily involved in the party scene and rebelled against my parents by sneaking around with a guy I was forbidden to see. I found myself unable to hide from my sin any longer when I became pregnant. After the birth of my son at age 17, I first started coming to the realization that I needed the Lord in my life. At first I only recognized that something was missing in my life. I married my baby’s father, thinking that would fulfill me, but all the things I thought should bring me happiness were not enough to satisfy my deepest need. It was a relationship with Jesus that I was missing and longing for.

<>

<>To be continued..

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home