Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Testimony III

The most noticeable change in my life after receiving Christ was in the way I recognized and responded to sin. I was gradually convicted of sinful behaviors I used to be able to indulge in with a clear conscience. The Lord began replacing my desire to sin with new, Godly desires. Just as the Bible says, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” (2 Corinthians 5:17), I had been made new! God never took away my desire for marriage, but showed me that His love is all I needed to be whole. I knew that if I were to marry again, it would be to the man that God had chosen for me from the beginning. The Lord showed me a love far greater than I had even hoped for when I met my husband. He also showed me how to do things His way this time, and my husband and I had our first kiss on the altar on our wedding day. What a dramatic change God had done in my life from the way I did things the first time! God is a God of second chances!

I am so thankful that I don’t have to live my life feeling as though something were missing anymore. I have peace knowing that I have an eternal destiny secured in Christ, and a loving Father in this life who is guiding my every decision. God has taken me from where I was and used even my sinful past for His glory. He has allowed me to help other young girls facing crisis pregnancies and given me a passion for promoting purity. He has truly given me the desires of my heart and is an anchor I can rest assured in for the remainder of my days. We all have a hole in our hearts that only God can fill. Trying to fill that void with the fleeting pleasures of this life will never satisfy for long. There will be a part of your spirit that will always feel that something is missing in your life until you accept Jesus. The Bible says in Romans 10:9, “That if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord’, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” It is a decision you will never regret!

(For more about the core of Christianity, continue here...)

2 Comments:

  • mrs. hammer,

    just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you sharing your testimony.

    You're always in my thoughts and prayers!

    By Blogger Anna, at 4/07/2006 03:18:00 PM  

  • Thanks so much for reading it! I just now figured out how to respond to comments. I think I'll finally go fill in my profile page after nearly 3 years! Ha! I'm a little slow with the mechanics of the blogging world, and who can find the time with three kids! I am going to make more of an effort to stay on top of blogging about the important issues in a way that most people can understand. Some of Joey's posts are WAY over my head. :-) I appreciate your comments!

    By Blogger mrshammer, at 4/21/2006 02:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home