Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

What D&D Character Are You?

OK, I played D&D up through junior high. Then I stuck to computer versions of it after I moved away from my similarly socially challenged pals. This enabled me to 1)Become cool and attract hot chicks like Mrs Hammer, while 2) Still being a D&D dork in private. Apparently:

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Paladin


Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.


Elves are the eldest of all races, although they are generally a bit smaller than humans. They are generally well-cultured, artistic, easy-going, and because of their long lives, unconcerned with day-to-day activities that other races frequently concern themselves with. Elves are, effectively, immortal, although they can be killed. After a thousand years or so, they simply pass on to the next plane of existance.


Paladins are the Holy Warriors. They have been chosen by a God/dess to be their representative on Earth, and must follow the code of that deity, or risk severe penalties. They tend towards being righteous, but not generally to excess.


Find out What D&D Character Are You?, courtesy of NeppyMan!


Believe it or not, I was a lawful good elf cavalier in the last stages of my public D&D-ing. No one could be a paladin back then except humans, and you had to be lawful to be a cavalier (which was as close to paladin as one could get for non-humans).

You could try the quiz too, or just leave it to former recluses like myself...I swear I never told some random kids that I'd cleave him in two with my Vorpal Sword. Really. I don't care what you've heard, I'm telling the truth.

Hat Tip: Ace

3 Comments:

  • You played this game and didn't kill yourself or someone else???!!!???

    My mom, God rest her soul (1983), always told me that people who played D&D would become crazed suicidal or murderous lunatics. I think that she read several articles in the 70's and early 80's that indicated some violent behaviors attributed to people playing this game.

    I have to confess that I have never seen the game played, although I knew a few people in high school and college who were involved playing the game. They 'survived', and some of them even got married, had kids and lived respectable lives. Go figure.

    All of that was my first thought when I read that you played D&D...irrational thoughts and fears, but nonetheless ingrained permanently in my mind thanks to dear old mom.

    By Blogger John Burzynski, at 3/09/2005 02:49:00 PM  

  • Wait a minute, Paladins aren't allowed to be Chaotic Good, they have to be Lawful Good! And they must be human. You cheated!

    Yea, right here: "A paladin character is a fighter sub-class, but unlike normal fighters, all paladins must begin as lawful good in alignment (q.v.) and always remain lawful good or absolutely lose all of he special powers which are given to them. They have both fighting abilities and limited spell powers (at high level). To become a paladin a character must be human, have a strength of not less than 12, a minimum intelligence of 9, a wisdom of 13 or more, a minimum constitution of 9, and not less than 17 charisma."

    Just looked that up in the Players Handbook (6th addition, 1980). I forgot about the 17 charisma, though. And I just notice you already mentioned this in the post, oh well, I jumped to soon...

    I never heard of cavaliers, must be one of those new-fangled classes.

    Traditionally, I went with a half-elf Ranger. In fact, "Xactiphyn", my blogger login name, is an 18th level Ranger with psionics.

    Oh, and sure enough, here are the results:

    I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Ranger Mage

    Alignment:Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.

    Race:Elves are the eldest of all races, although they are generally a bit smaller than humans. They are generally well-cultured, artistic, easy-going, and because of their long lives, unconcerned with day-to-day activities that other races frequently concern themselves with. Elves are, effectively, immortal, although they can be killed. After a thousand years or so, they simply pass on to the next plane of existance.

    Primary Class:Rangers are the defenders of nature and the elements. They are in tune with the Earth, and work to keep it safe and healthy.

    Secondary Class:Mages harness the magical energies for their own use. Spells, spell books, and long hours in the library are their loves. While often not physically strong, their mental talents can make up for this.

    Deity:Solonor Thelandria is the Chaotic Good elven god of archery and the hunt. He is also known as the Keen Eye, the Great Archer, and the Forest Hunter. His followers respect nature, and only hunt when needed, but are quick to defend the forest from intruders. Their favorite weapon is the bow, and they tend to be extremely talented with it. Solonor Thelandria's symbol is an arrow with green fletchings.

    By Blogger Xactiphyn, at 3/09/2005 07:17:00 PM  

  • Mark,
    How funny is that - evidence that D&D not only does not lead to suicide, mass murder or devil worship, but that its enthusiasts are of a varying political spectrum and career choices. Who'd have thunk?

    Cavalier was from an add-on to the Player's Handbook called Unearthed Arcana. I don't know if they kept the extra classes (which included Barbarian, Acrobat, Cavalier, and some other stuff like spells, I think) or not, because when the 2nd edition of D&D came out, I didn't upgrade.

    You think we could ever convince our kids to do it? I don't. Too much manual work (reading, writing, rolling) when there are video games that do it all with pretty colors. I think we actually got smarter from using our imaginations and such, but I'm not objective.

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 3/11/2005 11:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home