Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, July 15, 2005

3 AM

I have been wondering for the past week when I would find time to blog. The answer seems to have arrived.

My "blissful" time of unemployment is coming to an end (although my time of no health insurance continues for a while) and I am restructuring my operating hours. God has seen fit to bless me with two part-time jobs. One is at the church that Mrs. Hammer and I were led to over a year ago and recently joined, and the other is a manual labor job...which starts at 3:30 AM. Oof.

An unexpected benefit of the 3 AM shift is that I am instantly provided with quiet time on the weekends, as no one else in the house is considering getting up at that hour. I have plenty of time to pray, study the Bible, and even blog during my weekend early morning hours. I am fitting my daily prayer and reading in before I head out the door to work on work days, but it is time limited - like most people! The weekend time is a nice addition. After all, the 5-9pm block of time is anything but relaxing, or even available, in a house with 3 kids.

My job at the church will provide a conection at greater than 28.8k, so I'll probably blog at lunch once or twice a week there, too. After all, who needs food?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home