Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Monday, July 04, 2005

The Future of Team Hammer

As I’ve mentioned before, we have gone through some serious life changes recently. While my current schedule is not what it will be in 45 days, it is actually freer.

The results of this will be a much reduced ability to blog and comment. As such, we at Team Hammer have decided upon some measures to keep the blog alive, keep contact with the blogfriends we’ve made, and judiciously use our time.

I have two measures that are a direct function of the switch to dial-up and the resultant extensive load times. First, I’m abandoning my commenting on the lefty blogs I’ve frequented recently. While they will remain on my blogroll, I can’t keep up with the flow of argument, which actually reflects poorly upon the positions I put forth. I’d rather they not have an argument at all than half of one! Besides, there are others more capable of the efforts!

Second, I’m abandoning my reviews of the big blogs I really enjoy. This one hurts the most, because I learned a lot and enjoyed the commenting there as well as using the info to post here. The Jawa Report and Ace of Spades HQ are the two I read the most often, and will miss a lot.

I have two other measures intended to reduce my online workload. First, I’ll be commenting less on others’ blogs. You’ve noticed this already, I’ll wager. I have found, especially recently, that the time between when I access other blogs (days) and the loner load times means I am commenting on something that was addressed on an earlier post or comment that I haven’t read, and look pretty silly. Most of my commenting will be focused on responding to others here.

Speaking of here, the last change is that I’ll only be online three days a week. I plan on the same number of posts per week, with probably a theology post early in the week, a politics one later in the week, and a slice of life/sports/random stuff on the weekend. That will enable me to post regularly and have time to answer comments.

These things may not matter to most passers-by, but in case there was a reader who was interested, I thought I’d let him or her know what was up.

Godspeed,

Team Hammer

6 Comments:

  • By the way, I always meant to ask, what is with the cat on the right side of the blog...is it yours?

    It kind of looks hairless, with a lion's tail.

    By Blogger John Burzynski, at 7/04/2005 01:20:00 PM  

  • Hope everything works out well.

    pax et bonum

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2005 02:14:00 PM  

  • I'll be checking in.

    By Blogger Robert, at 7/04/2005 04:47:00 PM  

  • I'll be the first to admit that we miss debating with you.

    -the loony lefties ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/07/2005 12:25:00 PM  

  • John,
    It's just a funny picture I saw somewhere. Apparently it is an actual haircut you can get for your cat, called a "lion cut". It is also my example of how NOTHING does 'pissed off' like a cat.

    Anna & CL,

    I miss them too, with the same qualifiers! There is just too much going on now - two part-time jobs, seminary, service at the church, dial-up, family life, income of 1/3 what it used to be - all together it is too much to justify extended net time.

    Thanks for the well-wishes.

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 7/08/2005 03:34:00 PM  

  • I understand greatly! I am attempting to balance my time in that way somewhat as well. I try to post a few times a week, and I read others blogs a few days a week. I usually check yours once or twice a week, so I'll get in a few comments here and there.

    By Blogger IMO, at 7/14/2005 03:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home