Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, February 11, 2005

What's Your Secret?

I stumbled upon this nifty website o' art as I was packing up to leave. I was enthralled and read it all. Check it out:

PostSecret

It's a log of postcards sent to the author with people's secrets on them.


"Two PostSecret cards (that I know of) were stolen from the display. The first one read, "I like white girls but hate white people." The second said, "Shamefully, some lonely nights I would willingly exchange my BA degree for better hair." This card included an image of long blonde hair, loosely curled.

No one can say for sure why these two were stolen (other secrets are much more obscene and/or malicious). Perhaps not all secrets are held by individuals. Maybe ethnic, gender, religious, political and other social groups collectively hold their own private ideas and views. And even though one member might be willing to share one of these secrets publicly; other members of the same group might act to suppress it."

Interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home