Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, December 09, 2005

Group Blog Idea

I am interested in starting a group blog with the regular visitors here, primarily concerned with faith.

There are three reasons I am proposing this:

1) I have a diversity of faith traditions that read and comment here. Most, if not all , of them, are smarter than I am. Everyone can benefit from greater understanding of our faith.

2) A group blog with these subscribers is an open forum in which others not in the group would feel free to comment. Team Hammer is a fairly right-wing, evangelical site, and while I think I do well at keeping the discourse free and open, some may not feel comfortable contributing in this environment.

3) I have become notoriously unrelable in posting and responding to comments. A group blog would allow maximum opportunity for visitors to get answers to their questions or field us with ideas.

I would like to invite the following bloggers (I have put their faith tradition - as perceived by me - next to them to show the diversity we have):

UK John (Anglican, Citizen of the British Empire)
CPF John (Roman Catholic, Member of the Fighting Irish Nation)
David (PC USA w/RC background, Contrarian)
Teresa (Emergent Church)
Mark (Agnostic, Physicist)
TF & Mrs. TF (LDS, Former Orthodox Christian)
Robert (Christian Libertarian)


Let me know what you think!

10 Comments:

  • I try so hard not to just be agnostic, but yea, that's as accurate as anything.

    So sure, I'd love to join something like that. As you may have noticed I haven't really blogged much these past several months and I'm not sure how much I could contribute here, but I'd love to join the conversation when I can.

    By Blogger Xactiphyn, at 12/10/2005 05:10:00 PM  

  • Hi Hammer,

    I would be interested in contributing to a group blog that discusses faith and beliefs. However, I don’t feel comfortable representing any particular faith tradition. I am PCUSA by default with a Catholic and Evangelical background. I probably lean more Reformed than Catholic, but I do still retain some Catholicism.

    I am almost certain I could function as someone who challenges the beliefs of others, if a contrarian is what you are looking for. : -)

    By Blogger David M. Smith, at 12/12/2005 07:11:00 PM  

  • I would love to contribute...as long as the discussion doesn't degrade into a morass of unintelligible personal attacks...which personal experience tells me often happens when these issues are discussed...mostly by commenters, rather than by the writers.

    I am not an 'expert' on Catholicism, but probably know enough to make a contribution or two.

    By Blogger John Burzynski, at 12/13/2005 04:29:00 PM  

  • I’m game, but I have little blog-time these days.

    One question though…are you sure that you want to include a walking contradiction like me: libertarian-determinist? ;-)

    By Blogger Robert, at 12/14/2005 08:43:00 AM  

  • John,
    Those I invited are not of the personal attack type! I am also little interested in any discussion that devolves into such. I would present that the manner in which all of us write promotes an atmosphere of respect, dignity and courtesy toward others - which would dissuade mose of those contra-minded to those attitudes from writing.

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 12/14/2005 03:12:00 PM  

  • I'd be up for debates. However, I can barely find the time to update my own blog ATM so I don't think I'd have huge amounts of time for it!

    ("Citizen of the British Empire" LOL)

    pax et bonum

    By Blogger Solidus, at 12/15/2005 06:08:00 PM  

  • (Sorry, BTW, for the late comment. This post only just appeared as new in Bloglines!)

    pax et bonum

    By Blogger Solidus, at 12/15/2005 06:09:00 PM  

  • Any ideas for the name? I considered "X on Faith" (where X is the number of people accepting the invitation, currently up to six) and "Metaphysical Meanderings". However, I donto claim to be aprticularly creative, so any better ideas will be appreciated.

    UK John - I also considered "In Her Majesty's Secret Service"

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 12/22/2005 01:10:00 PM  

  • Would you be interested in the opinions and musings of a Christian-turned-Messianic-Jewish believer?

    Thought not. :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/28/2005 06:53:00 AM  

  • Actually, Stephen, I would. I also suspect that the others would. I'll swing by your blog and see if you fit the respectful-courteous-competent-concise model we hope to present. I'm guessing you do.

    By Blogger Hammertime, at 12/29/2005 10:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home