Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Will You Be Innocent or Guilty?

When God judges you according to the Ten Commandments when you face Him at judgment, will you be innocent or guilty? Even if you feel like you’ve only violated a few of the commandments, and you’re doing alright on most of them, here’s a humbling statement of Jesus: “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.”

The Bible says, “if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. And, “If we say that we have not sinned, we make [God] a liar, and His word is not in us.” God gave each of us a conscience to convict us of our wrongdoings and it will remind us of the sins we have committed. Listen to your conscience and be honest. Justifying your sins to yourself might allow you to live without a nagging conscience for now, but it won’t work with God on judgment day.

The Ten Commandments made me realize what a hopeless sinner I was because I have transgressed every one of these commandments, and I can never live up to God’s high standard of perfection. I realized that I would one day stand before God and from His point of view I would be seen as a lying, thieving, blasphemer and adulterer at heart, and without Jesus I would be guilty and would be required to pay the penalty for my sin myself. It made it clear to me that I desperately needed a savior.

(to be continued)

1 Comments:

  • Great post, mrshammer. I think most non-Christians fit into two separate categories. The first, is a category that believes they don't need Jesus, because they are leading a good life. The other dismisses Jesus, entirely, as the actual savior..of course, there are subcategories within this group. Such as, "we don't need a savior, because afterlife doesn't equal heaven vs hell", and "Jesus isn't the savior, because Christianity is false". How sad for those who have chosen to deny Christ!

    In a world where many are assigned their own godliness through paths to divinity or mantras-through enlightenment and bleeding hearts, they are still empty and searching for the light.

    We all fall short of the glory of God. None of us are worthy. People spend their whole lives trying to reach God through works, and miss salvation completely. The good works should come from a heart compelled to be more like Him.

    I'm so glad you have posted this, and I hope many readers benefit from reading it. God Bless!

    By Blogger Rightthinker, at 4/25/2006 03:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home